When Toni Hacker and Ben Harnett launched Hayden-Harnett in a Greenpoint apartment in 2005, they took their shared love of travel, art, design and literature and translated it into a line of bags and leather goods that are sophisticated and a little badass all at once.Their purses are a playful twist on the basic bags every woman should own, and their cuffs and wallets are cult favorites of fans and editors alike. And after many customer requests, they finally launched their first men’s line this year (which the girls like, too, of course). Below are five great gifts from Hayden-Harnett for yourself or a special someone who will swoon over such a stylish, thoughtful gift.
1. Margaux Tote: Toni and Ben love to travel, and it shows in the many bags and accessories designed with adventures in mind. This does-everything tote is simple, modern, and very versatile. Zip out the cool winged gussets for a totally different look, plus more room. Carry by the handles or sport it crossbody with the detachable leather strap. It fits a laptop and iPad, too, perfect for long flights or subway rides. Available in Black, Luggage, Leopard Haircalf (pictured), $348.60-$498
2. Bowdoin Clutch: For when you need a little bag, but don’t want a delicate flower of a purse, this bold, oversize, slouchy clutch in buttery-soft leather will do the trick. The conversation-starting front handle makes it easy to carry and the interior zipper and slip pocket organization won’t have you digging around for your stuff. Available in Black, Leopard Haircalf, Luggage Metallic Cobra, Oxblood (pictured), $248
3. Clutch Wallet: This is HH’s signature clutch wallet, a gorgeous classic that’s designed to carry everything you need in your daily life. It features 16(!) credit card slots, ID window, exterior and interior zippered coin pockets, and a pen loop. Available in many colors (so have fun trying to decide on one!), like Stone Graphic Python, pictured, or the Aqua cobra, new this year. $142-$178
4. Provincetown Weekender: Part of HH’s brand-new line for men, the Provincetown Weekender combines canvas and Italian leather trim for a spacious, durable bag that will take you from plane cabin to mountain lodge with nary a care. The interior has plenty of space for cozy sweaters and board shorts, plus pockets for smaller items, and the exterior has roomy pockets for added organization. Available in Charcoal and Olive. $348
5. Leather Cuff: HH makes five different styles of leather cuffs–Reed, Ramone, Sandrine, Celina and Boisson–that combine supple leather with bold hardware or studs. Wear many at once, or just one to impart superhuman coolness to your look. $70.40-$98