On Saturday, Sept. 24 we’ll be heading to Bed-Stuy (and a bit of Clinton Hill) for our last Immersion of the season with Brooklyn Brewery. If you haven’t yet been on one of our neighborhood beer and food crawls this is going to be a super fun one. And if you’ve joined us before, we’ve lined up some fab new bars for you.
The day starts at noon, and there are two ticket options. You can choose to go “express” and get one free Brooklyn beer at each of these four bars:
- The brand-new Do or Dive in the old Do or Dine space, run by the proprietors of Williamsburg fave, Luckydog
- Beast of Bourbon, a massive craft beer and bourbon palace that serves seriously good BBQ
- Chilo’s, a sweet spot with an excellent taco truck permanently parked out back
Black Swan, one of our longtime favorite pubs in the neighborhood
If you want to go all in, you can also add food to four beers with one of these lunches:
- A Cubano sandwich at Alice’s Arbor
- Three tacos of your choice at either Oaxaca Tacqueria or Chilo’s
A brisket sandwich with slaw or a pulled pork sandwich w slaw at Beast of Bourbon
- A BBQ chicken sandwich (grilled or fried) with slaw and fries or salad or a portobello sandwich with fries or salad at Black Swan
Tickets are $15 for the four beers “express” option, $25 if you want to add lunch to the package–a killer deal for a full day of drinking, eating and exploring. Purchase one online, and then check in at either Beast of Bourbon (if that’s where you’ll be dining) or Chilo’s between noon and 1pm the day of the Immersion to get your envelope of “walking around money,” filled with all the coupons you’ll need for your adventure.Trust us, you’ll want to start early to redeem all your beers and deals before they end at 6pm.
About those deals…Both tickets include discounts like a $1 Brooklyn beer when you purchase a Porchetta, Italian or Veggie sandwich at Mekelburg’s, 10% off brunch and $4 Brooklyn Defenders at Alice’s Arbor , a $4 Brooklyn Lager tallboy at the newish bar and Filipino taqueria Swell Dive, a buy one ice cream sandwich, get one free at The Good Batch, and a free homemade popsicle from the Isreali cafe Dinghy with the purchase of a sandwich and drink, and a beer special at The Fulton Grand, a great, laid-back bar with the perfect sidewalk seating.
We’ll announce more deals on Facebook, too. See you in Bed-Stuy!