“Montreal Getaway” Sweepstakes
Win a trip to Montreal for two
One (1) Grand Prize Winner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN.
Sweepstakes Begins June 10, 2014 at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Time Sweepstakes Ends June 23, 2014 at 11:59:59 pm. Eastern Time
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: “Montreal Getaway” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on June 9, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (EST) on June 23, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (EST) on June 24, 2014.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fortyeight (48) contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, Hawai’i, excluding Alaska, and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec). Entrants must be at least twentyone (21) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Tourisme Montreal, Air Canada, Le Richmond (the “Sponsors”), Flavorpill Productions LLC and BB Media LLC (the “Partners”), (“Sponsors” and “Partners” together with Sponsor, are collectively referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising agencies, thirdparty production companies, thirdparty fulfillment agencies, respective agents, employees, officers, directors, members, successors and assigns (collectively, the Sweepstakes Entities, the “Released Parties”), and any person who has won a contest or sweepstakes from the Partners in the preceding twelve (12) month period, are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of the Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. Sweepstakes Overview: This Sweepstakes is one (1) sweepstakes wherein one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected (the “Grand Prize Winner”) by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period.
The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries (as hereinafter defined) received; in other words, many will enter; only one (1) person will win.
6. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly selected by Sweepstakes Entities on or around June 24, 2014 from among all of the Eligible Entries received. Partners will make one (1) attempt over the twentyfour (24)hour period following the Grand Prize Winner’s selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the email address provided on his/her entry form. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached during the twenty-four (24) hour period in which he/she is called the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits. Any potential Grand Prize Winner residing in Canada will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skilltesting question without mechanical or assistance of any kind, within a predetermined time limit, as a precondition to becoming a potential Grand Prize Winner.
7. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as the potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of noncompliance by the potential Grand Prize Winner, the potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. The Grand Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that the Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sweepstakes Entities (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sweepstakes Entities or the Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the Grand Prize at Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. All decisions of Sweepstakes Entities relating to this Sweepstakes are final. Sweepstakes Entities expressly reserve the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sweepstakes Entities deem necessary.
8. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner shall receive the “Montreal Getaway” prize for two
(2) for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to Montreal (the “Trip”). Trip dates are nonnegotiable. Trip dates subject to change in Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion. If the Grand Prize Winner, together with Guest, cannot travel on dates specified by Sweepstakes Entities, the Grand Prize Winner will forfeit all rights to the prize. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the potential Grand Prize Winner is unable or unavailable to accept prize. The trip shall consist of the following:
(i) Two (2) round-trip tickets in Economy Class from anywhere in the U.S. to Montreal on Air Canada.; (ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations in a hotel chosen by Tourisme Montreal, depending on availability, for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall be one (1) room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included); and (iii) one (1) dinner for two at Le Richmond; (collectively, the “Grand Prize”).
Please note that the following conditions apply to the prizes:
- All other costs will be at the expense of the winner and his/her guest. These include, but are not limited to, the cost of transportation to the airport from their place of residence, airline costs exceeding $2,000 CA, meals and drinks not included in the package, gratuities, taxes, insurance and items of a personal nature.
- Transportation by air is available from airports to which Air Canada flies with direct flights only
- Transportation by air: If the winner decides not to travel by plane or if the cost of transportation by plane is less than $2,000 CA, no credit or reimbursement will be awarded. The winner and his/her guest must take the plane from the same station/airport and must travel together
- Accommodation is valid for 2 nights for 2 people. All other costs will be at the expense of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest. These include but are not limited to food and beverages, room service, movies and minibar items.
If the Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by Sweepstakes Entities, in their sole discretion, the Grand Prize Winner privileges and the Grand Prize will be terminated and an alternative Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the dates specified by Sweepstakes Entities or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Guest traveling with the Grand Prize Winner must be, at time of Grand Prize fulfillment, 21 (21) years of age or older. Sweepstakes Entities will determine the hotel in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, or other transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
Restrictions and limitations may apply. The trip dates for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be July 14, 2014 through December 15, 2014, and such dates are subject to change in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Reservations must be made at least 3 weeks in advance with Tourisme Montréal and are subject to availability.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,700.00.
The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment, the time of travel, and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
9. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by Tourisme Montreal. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, meals, snacks, beverages, minibar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees, and any equipment to be used in connection with the Grand Prize are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility The value of the Grand Prize will be taxable to the Grand Prize Winner as income. The Grand Prize Winner must supply Sweepstakes Entities with his/her social security number for tax purposes. IRS Form 1099s will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into this Sweepstakes, Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other Online Entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Grand Prize Winner or potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Grand Prize as described herein.No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sweepstakes Entities, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR RELEASED PARTIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Grand Prize Winner or in the announcement of the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize Winner. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s onair programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.cmt.com during the Sweepstakes Period and the Grand Prize may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No softwaregenerated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from this Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Grand Prize.
11. Requests for the Name of the Grand Prize Winner and the Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner and/or the Official Rules, send a selfaddressed stamped envelope to:
“Montreal Getaway Sweepstakes”
33 Nassau Ave., 2nd Fl.
Brooklyn, NY 11222
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Grand Prize Winner must be made by July 23, 2014. Please note on the front lefthand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting the “Official Rules” or the name of the “Grand Prize Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. Residents of Canada may omit return postage if requesting either a set of Official Rules or the name of the Grand Prize Winner.
Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Tourisme Montreal (Ministère du Tourisme Québec
P.O Box 979, Montréal (Québec) H3C 2W3, Canada), Air Canada (Law Branch ZIP YUL 1276, 7373 Cote Vertu West, St. Laurent, Québec H4Y 1H4), and Le Richmond (377 Richmond Street, Montréal, Québec